App Search, Self Managed, Changelog
The changelog for Elastic App Search, self-managed edition.
- Fix auto sign-in for unsecured App Search when in Read-Only mode.
- Support migrations in Read-Only mode.
- Fix retry mechanism of indexing and engine deletion background jobs.
- Added banner to make it easier to see whether App Search is in Read-Only (R/O) mode.
- Improved error messages when in R/O Mode.
- Expose platinum features for Elasticsearch trial licenses.
- Fixed worker retries.
- Fixed edge case where worker could potentially crash while in R/O mode.
- Fixed user log in/out when in R/O Mode.
- Meta Engines: treat a group of engines with similar capabilities as a regular engine. Read our guide here.
- Read-Only Mode: upgrade future versions of App Search without downtime. Documentation.
- Smarter role mapping validations to prevent locking oneself out.
- Retry ES connection when process starts up.
- Added log rotation.
- Upgraded vendored Filebeat version.
InterruptedExceptionwhen process is terminated.
- Fixed date value boost.
- Fixed UI bug where telemetry banner could reappear in certain cases.
- App Search is now available on Elastic Cloud.
- Fixed an issue preventing users with spaces in their username from accepting invites and logging in.
- We have fixed an issue with db-lock and queue indexes causing single-node clusters to go yellow due to unassigned replicas.
- Optimized response times and improved search experiences with Result Settings. See the release post for more details.
- Performance improvements via merged processes, queue management and logging reduction.
- Monitoring capabilities with the Metricbeat App Search module. Checkout the Metricbeat docs for details on how to add the module.
- API logs and analytics available in Elastic Common Schema. To toggle API logs and analytics in ECS, simply update
- App Search now creates an Elasticsearch user
app_searchin the Native Realm as the default admin user. This applies to Standard auth and Elastic Native Realm auth; SAML and unsecured installations are not affected.
- App Search is now available as a beta on ECE 2.4.
- App Search's Filebeat is now set at 1 replica.
- Fixed an issue when using SAML authentication on a fresh installation of App Search.
- Fixed a pagination UI bug.
- Gracefully handle a session expiration by redirecting back to log-in.
- Running single processes or components separately has been deprecated.
- Due to merging app server and worker the
app_search.monitoring_*properties have been deprecated.
- No changes.
- Fixed an issue for App Search docker image where
log_formatoptions were ignored.
- The JSON application logs are now compatible with ECS 1.1.0.
- The App Search dashboard is now a Single Page App. It should be better, faster... stronger ~ !
app-search.logis now compatible with the Elastic Common Schema and is now JSON formatted by default.
- To match the behaviour of App Search on other platforms, Docker containers now run under an unprivileged
app-searchuser instead of
rootand the default location for all logs in a container have been changed to
- Startup time has been improved.
- We now support Signed Search Keys.
- You can set custom HTTP headers on each request via
- You can configure the number of worker threads you'd like to use.
- Fixed the inconsistent behaviour with quoted search highlights.
- We'll clean up when a user is deleted from Elasticsearch.
- Due to the change in
app-search.logfile format, any log ingestion configurations will need to be updated. The log uses a JSON schema now, so it should be easier to ingest.
- Docker logging directory has changed. For all users, who have a persistent Docker volume configured for App Search logs, the volume will now need to be mounted into
- Additionally, if you have a Docker-based deployment with a persistent volume used for logging, you may need to change the owner of that volume to
UID=1000/GID=1000to allow the new version of App Search to write to that directory.
- Fixed the Reference UI to show "More" options on filters when there are more than 5 filters present.
- Fixed indexing retries.
- Fixed the ordering of Curations in search results.
- Fixed a bug which caused the Reference UI to generate a username and password prompt.
- No changes.
- The Reference UI now uses Search UI.
- List all Engines when editing role assignments or API Keys.
- Fixed truncating of
- Fixed “view details” button.
- Fixed exception within the system log.
- A reset of
search_settingswill no longer reset
- Relevance Tuning will no longer update
- We released!
Stuck? Looking for help? Contact support or check out the App Search community forum!