At Swiftype reliability and speed are key components of our product, and we place tremendous importance on providing a service that exceeds our customers' expectations in those respects. Consequently, we've invested heavily in our operations and infrastructure systems, and we're looking for Technical Operations Engineers to help us continue improving and evolving our systems as we scale.
- Implement monitoring for Swiftype infrastructure: from hardware, to operating systems health, to software usage and business metrics.
- Work on automating all aspects of technical operations work in the company: from hardware provisioning, to software and Swiftype projects deployment.
- Develop internal tools to help improve development team performance and streamline deployment process.
- Continuously work on improving Swiftype software performance and infrastructure reliability.
Required Skills (non-negotiable)
Excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
Qualifications (the more the better)
- Good knowledge and understanding of Unix systems, solid Linux/UNIX systems administrator experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of server hardware (RAID levels, computer architecture, etc).
- Solid scripting skills (ruby, perl, python, shell).
- Experience deploying Ruby and Rails applications in production.
- Experience deploying Java applications in production.
- Experience deploying, managing and tuning MySQL servers.
- Experience with open-source monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Graphite, StatsD.
- Familiarity with Chef, Puppet or similar tools.
- Familiarity with Hadoop Ecosystem (Zookeeper, Hive, HBase).
- Experience with open source search software, especially Lucene/Elasticsearch/Solr.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you. Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.