Senior Techops Engineer
At Swiftype reliability and speed are key components of our product, and we place tremendous importance on providing a service that exceeds our customers' expectations in those respects. Consequently, we've invested heavily in our operations and infrastructure systems, and we're looking for Senior Technical Operations Engineers to help us continue improving and evolving our systems as we scale. Our ideal candidate will have prior experience working on SaaS products.
- Design and build an infrastructure for storing tens to hundreds of millions of documents across multiple datacenters.
- Work with the development team to design and implement multi-datacenter architecture for a web application.
- Implement a continuous deployment pipeline for a Rails application.
- Design the next generation of our crawling infrastructure.
- Continuously work on improving Swiftype software performance and infrastructure reliability.
Required Skills (non-negotiable)
- Excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
- Expert-level knowledge of at least one programming language.
Qualifications (the more the better)
- Experience with highly-available, distributed, and multi-datacenter applications.
- Experience deploying Ruby, Rails, and Nginx+Lua in high-scale environments.
- Experience deploying Java in high-scale environments.
- Experience deploying and tuning MySQL servers, designing highly available architectures based on MySQL.
- Familiarity with Chef, Puppet or similar tools.
- Familiarity with Hadoop Ecosystem (Zookeeper, Hive, HBase).
- Experience with open source search software, especially Lucene/Elasticsearch/Solr.
- Familiarity with web crawling and elastic workloads.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you. Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.