If building a product from the ground up that will be used by millions of people excites you, this is the role for you.
- Experiment with search relevance algorithms and measure the results.
- Work with the Product Designer to create a new search analytics dashboard.
- Build out a new backend administrative feature to help the customer support team.
- Create a streamlined search installation flow and measure the results with an A/B test.
Required Skills (non-negotiable)
Excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
Qualifications (the more the better)
- Experience with open source Search software, especially Lucene/Elasticsearch/Solr.
- Experience with Ruby and/or Java.
- Familiarity with web crawling and information extraction.
- Familiarity with the full web application stack (from CSS to Rack).
- Familiarity with developer-facing APIs (standards, protocols, testing, etc.).
- Practical experience implementing information retrieval algorithms.
What you'll learn (and help us learn)
- How to reliably scale a search platform for millions of users.
- How to grow and lead an engineering team.
- How to recruit and hire exceptional engineering talent.
- How to manage a growing business technically and operationally.
- All the information retrieval, machine learning, and NLP you can handle.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you. Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.
More career opportunities