At Swiftype reliability and speed are key components of our product, and we place tremendous importance on providing a service that exceeds our customers' expectations in those respects. Consequently, we've invested heavily in our operations and infrastructure systems, and we're looking for infrastructure engineers to help us continue improving and evolving our systems as we scale. Our ideal candidate will have prior experience working on SaaS products and scaling cloud services.
- Design and implement log processing for millions of events per day.
- Re-write core components to optimize for speed.
- Work with the operations team to seamlessly bring a new data center online.
Required Skills (non-negotiable)
Excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
Qualifications (the more the better)
- Experience deploying Ruby, Rails, and Nginx+Lua in a high-scale environment.
- Experience deploying Java in a high-scale environment.
- Experience deploying MySQL and Hadoop+Hive.
- Familiarity with Chef or similar tools.
- Experience with open source search software, especially Lucene/Elasticsearch/Solr.
- Familiarity with web crawling and elastic workloads.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you. Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.
More career opportunities