Enterprise Search, Troubleshooting
Discovered an issue? Looking for assistance?
There is no migration path between betas; you'll need to start from scratch.
Please send all reports to our team at: email@example.com.
Elasticsearch Cluster Settings
Enterprise Search makes alterations to the
transient settings within Elasticsearch.
Avoid making changes to those setting as doing so will create issues.
Read the Elasticsearch reference docs for more information.
- Note: The default login steps have changed. See Installation for more details.
- Bug: GitHub has an API bug which prevents very large organizations from indexing their issues. We have a ticket open with them. We'll update this page when it's been repaired.
- Note: The "preview" pane shown in the screenshots and documentation is not included in beta1 -- stay tuned!
- Bug: Sending multiple indexing requests for a numerical
external_idwill throw a 500 error. Works as expected for strings.
- Bug: Adding GitHub as a content source requires that you belong to - and have OAuth permissions within - a GitHub organization. If you do not belong to a suitable org, you will be able to click continue, but nothing will happen. If you create an org or change your organization settings to allow access, be sure to re-create the OAuth application within GitHub to generate new client tokens.
Thanks for trying out Self-Managed Enterprise Search. Please send us your beta feedback!